english.www.gov.cn L M S

* Click the links below for full text.

How to read your Chinese visa?

Do I need visa for Hong Kong and Macao?

Frequently asked questions about Visa

No visa is required for following categories

What are the requirements for 72-hour transit visa exemption?

Travelers from which countries can apply for the 72-hour transit visa exemption?

What documents are needed to apply for group tourist visas?

Will the 48-hour transit visa exemption by the Shanghai municipality for certain foreign nationals continue to apply?

In case I have more questions concerning 72h visa free, whom should I contact?

In case a foreign national has entered China with the 72-hour transit visa exemption issued by the Capital Airport of Beijing, can he or she apply to leave China from the airport in Shanghai, Guangzhou or Chengdu?

Does 72h visa free apply to a foreign national coming to Beijing or Shanghai from a certain country (region) with a confirmed air ticket for flying back to the same country (region) where he or she comes from within 72 hours with confirmed date of flight and seat?

Can a foreign national leave Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou or Chengdu for another Chinese city after getting the 72-hour transit visa exemption? What should be done in case a foreign national who has the 72-hour transit visa exemption cannot leave China within 72 hours due to some special reason after entry?

Can a traveler apply for the 72-hour transit visa exemption when no exit air ticket is bought at the time of entry but he or she plans to purchase the air ticket for a third country leaving within 72 hours after entry?

How can a foreign national who meets the requirements for the 72-hour transit visa exemption apply for it?